Tuesday 28 June 2011

Es on 6M.

Currently, it's bad weather in Tiel and it seems a good time to write on my blog.
Before I started this post I read on Twitter the sad news of G4ILO. At that moment I was without words.
I realize again that we have no influence on the duration of our lives.

Last weekend I tried something to do with WSPR on 6 meters. On my FT817nd I had the wrong antenna connector set and therefore no results. Sunday, after I have switched this to the right connector my signal was heard by PAØO. Yesterday I heard also some signals but not spectacular.

Meanwhile I saw that there was a large Es cloud hanging over Europe and there were many opportunities for qso's on 6M.
At 16:01 UTC I made my first qso with LZ1QI. Then I had some other activities to do.
At 18:57 UTC I discovered that there was still Es, now I toke te time to made a few qso's.
Between approximately 19:00 and 19:30 UTC I worked with 6 different stations. 2 from Estonia, Hungary, Romania and 2 from Ukraine.All qso's made ​​with SSB or CW. 5 watts from my FT817nd with 1/4 GP on the balcony.

73, Tjeerd (Gose) - PA3GNZ

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Tjeerd, mooi resultaat weer. Ik heb ook meer succes met CW en SSB op 6 meter dan WSPR. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,

    Ik kwam er net achter dat ik tijdens die opening 2 nieuwe vakken hebt gewerkt, KN17 en KO31.
    Dit is iets wat ik uit de 2M periode over gehouden heb.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete