Friday 27 February 2015

Pictures from space...

From time to time the astronauts from ISS do some amateur radio experiments. In the period February 22-24 there was the possibility to receive SSTV images from the ISS. All this in the 2M amateur band.

In the past I had been active via the RS10 and RS10 satellites and therefore it seemed nice to do again this experiment, despite my modest antenna for 2m.
ISS SSTV PA3GNZ
First of all I downloaded and installed the MMSTV program and viewed to the most actual Keppler data. In this 3 days I have had a several SSTV images seen coming live on my pc. Basically you do not need to be by your PC. Is it still a hobby?
ISS SSTV PA3GNZ
The last picture I have received via the RX-SSTV program. This program was created specially for SSTV images from space.
ISS SSTV PA3GNZ

My station:
Yaesu FT-7800
Mobile whip on the radiator.
SignaLink modem
Software: MMSTV and RX SSTV.

73, Tjeerd (Gose) - PA3GNZ

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Tjeerd, leuke plaatjes. SSTV heeft geen moeite met het Cyrillische schrift. Er staat ongeveer:
    80 Jaar sinds de geboorte van 's werelds eerste kosmonaut. - Y.Gagarin
    Ja, dit is een leuke hobbie. 73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inderdaad Bert. Deze plaatjes zijn ter gelegenheid van de 80ste geboortedag van Yuri Gagarin.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Gagarin

    ReplyDelete