Monday 23 May 2011

WSPR with 50mW

Last week it was a holiday week for me.
I planned a few days to Bolsward (Friesland) and the other days I was in the village of Zuidlaren in JO33IC. On this location I wanted do some wspr experiments, it’s the village where my mother lives.
Mondayevening I switch on my equipment for WSPR, start on 30M. In combination with the attenuator I wanted to transmit with 50mW, but………….
I saw lines on my screen but no decodes. Very strange, I saw a kind of delay in the start on the screen. I was searching on the internet to see if this is a problem in combination with Windows 7, I found nothing. I never had this on my Laptop with XP.
In a Dutch forum I found something about the time synchronisation. I changed this to time.kpn.net .
On this tuesday I made a few cw qso’s, the most on 30M, with different stations in Europe.

During my stay in Friesland, we also visited the city of Harlingen. I toke a photo of the lighthouse in this place. The lighthouse is no longer in use but at a hefty price you can sleep here for a night.On Friday I came back from Bolsward and start up the equipment for WSPR. This time I saw decodes on my screen and stations saw also my transmissions.
Was “time.kpn.net” the solution? I’m not sure but it can be.
Saturday May 21, 14 different stations received my 50mW signals.

Saturdayevening it was time to go home.
It was a good feeling that I solved the problem to work WSPR on my new Laptop with Windows 7. Does anyone else have this experience?

73, Tjeerd (Gose) - PA3GNZ

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Tjeerd, helaas heb ik nog een antieke laptop met XP. Geen idee wat het geweest kan zijn. Zal toch wel iets met de tijd te maken hebben. In iedergeval werd je dooreen leuk aantal stations ontvangen. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inderdaad Bas. Heb je enig idee waar PA2HB gesitueerd is, ik vond zijn gegevens niet bij QRZ.com .
    Jij was qrv op 6M zo te zien maar helaas, de ZEPP die voor 30M geschikt is stemt niet lekker af op 6M.
    Ik laat het weten als ik weer qrv ben vanuit Zuidlaren.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tjeerd

    I also had time problems with Windows 7. XP was perfect. I put up a post about it only a few days ago...
    http://ei7gl.blogspot.com/2011/05/wspr-timing-issues.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Tjeerd, mooie resultaten met 50 mW. Ik draai ook met Win 7, maar ondervindt geen problemen. Ik gebruik Dimension4 standaard instelling. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,

    Thanks for your comment and read your Blog.

    Paul,
    Dimension4 gaf bij mij geen verbetering. Een andere tijdserver is de oplossing. Eind van de week probeer ik het hier thuis uit, op 6M.

    ReplyDelete