Thursday 30 December 2010

2011 coming, programming my Yaesu FT7800

As regular readers may have noticed I was not actively in recent weeks. Busy with other things, including my study.

My "new" desktop computer has no serial connector anymore. The cables I have for my Yaesu FT817 and FT7800 are not directly used on this computer.
A serial-to-USB cable that I had did not solve this problem.
In the Far East I bought 2 new programming cables with a USB connector. After installing the driver, I could program my FT7800.

I wish everyone a good 2011 with: Health, happiness and fun with the things you do in your leisure time.

In 2011 you see me again with regular messages. This is a project for 2011.


73, Tjeerd (Gose) - PA3GNZ

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Tjeerd, Well good luck with programing the FT7800. I know having the computer programming software sure does make setting up the rigs a lot easier. I have the VX-6R hand held along with the software. It sure does beat going through all kinds of menus just to inter repeater frequencies. Well Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

    ReplyDelete