Sunday 25 July 2010

My activity of this day.

Today during the IOTA contest, I had the opportunity to try my ATX-1080 antenna on 15M. I'm getting a good swr with the following settings:
15M
10 segments of the telescope extended, counterpoise for 17M in use.

Then I made connections with: Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic, unfortunately, no stations on an island. My conclusion is that this antenna on 15M will work. On 20M I worked 2 stations in Romania and Sweden, all with SSB and 2,5 Watts.

Today I did nothing with the Limerick Sudden receiver project. Yesterday I only snapped the front and back panels from the mainboard. Tomorrow I smooth the snapped edges with emery paper.

73, Tjeerd (Gose) - PA3GNZ

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Tjeerd, jammergenoeg kon ik Zondag niet verder met de IOTA contest. Zaterdag heb ik geen station gehoord op 15m. Mooi dat het je gelukt is nog zoveel stations te werken met het QRP station.
    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bas,

    Ja, ik was zeer verbaasd wat ik met de ATX-1080 op 15M werkte. Deze antenne heb ik nu zo'n 2 weken in huis en het is een leuk ding om mee te werken. Niet echt DX, maar ja. Wie weet als de condx beter worden.

    Alles goed daar met het gezinnetje?

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete